Your alternative to RPA technology
Recombinase Aided Amplification for detection using lateral-flow strips
(RT-)RAA Nucleic Acid Amplification Kit (Test Strip Method) can be used to amplify nucleic acids. The amplification result can be verified by use of lateral-flow test strips.
The lateral-flow strips for detection are not included in the kit.
RAA technology is one of the fastest nucleic acid amplification methods and amplifies RNA and DNA in just a few minutes. For detection on lateral-flow strips, the amplification reaction can be stopped after 20min incubation.
Aliquoted freeze-dried reagent mixes
Recombinase Aided Amplification kits are convient to handle. They comprise of freeze-dried enzyme mix aliquoted in standard 0.2mL PCR tubes and of two buffers for rehydration and starting the amplification reaction.
Reverse transcriptase included
In the RT-version of RAA kits, the reverse transcriptase enzyme is included in the freeze-dried reagent pellet. There is no extra pipetting step and no extra costs.
Protocol for RAA assays with lateral-flow strip detection:
- prepare mastermix of reagents buffer, magnesium acetate and primer-probe mix
- open tube with freeze-dried reagents and add mastermix into the inner surface of the tube lid
- add extracted nucleic acids to the lid as well
- close tube, short-spin and mix by pulse-vortexing
- place tube in your heating block or instrument
- incubate reactions for 20 minutes (at approx. 37-42°C)
- open the tube and dilute the amplification mix 1:10 with PBS
- add the diluted amplified nucleic acids to your detection lateral-flow strip
Please note: Makes sure the antibodies deposited on the lateral-flow strip are compatible with your probe label (FAM recommended) and primer label (biotin recommended).
RAA kit for DNA amplification and lateral-flow strip detection (test strips not included)
RT-RAA kit for RNA amplification and lateral-flow strip detection (test strips not included)
All prices without logistics costs.